Driver’s License Scanning in Casinos
By BadgePass | June 27, 2017
Today’s state issued driver’s licenses, and other government issued ID cards, contain information in the barcode or magnetic stripe that can be read electronically. There are a variety of benefits to using this “readable” technology, particularly in the casino market.
How it Works
BadgePass SmartReg is a user-friendly system that includes software and a card reader. The software is not seen by the operator, as it runs in the background on your machine. By scanning an ID, such as a Driver’s License, information is automatically parsed and populated onto your fields in your enrollment screens. This process automates the recall of current customer records and entering information for new records.
It’s completely application independent, which means there is no integration needed with your current database! How awesome is that? You use your current software applications and screens. SmartReg simply emulates human keystrokes by reading the electronic information from the ID card.
• Fast and accurate recall of the correct person’s record upon ID scan.
• Automatic enrollment of person’s information when adding a new record. Any information available on the Driver’s License or government issued ID can be populated to your enrollment screen.
• Reduction of duplicate records caused by errors, typos and common names (ex: Johnathan Smith, John Smith, Johnny Smith, J. Smith). This technology allows for multiple search fields to be entered, such as Name, Date of Birth, City, State, etc.
• Greater privacy in the enrollment process by reducing verbal exchange of information.
• Enhanced customer satisfaction.
• Reduced fraud by detecting use of fraudulent ID cards.
Return on Investment (ROI)
The value of each patron to a casino is extremely high as is the cost to attract and retain those guests. The speed of processing patrons through the enrollment process is vital. For every minute a guest stands in line, the casino loses revenue. One source estimated this loss at $2.97 per minute. In addition, the resulting duplicate record problem can also cost money in duplicate mailings and database maintenance.
SmartReg can be installed on any PC running Windows or Terminal Emulation software. The software runs in the background, so there is no operator involvement required with SmartReg. The software recognizes the screen the operator is in (ie: Search or Enrollment) and automatically fills in the fields accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Contact us to find out more about how you can speed up your registration process today!